What Happened to Timmothy Pitzen? Latest Update

- Advertisement -


- Advertisement -

On May 11th, 2011, Amy Fry-Pitzen picked up her son Timmothy Pitzen from kindergarten. However, that was the last time anyone saw her with her son. No one else has seen them together since then.

In the country that is now known as the United States of America, there have been a number of instances of people going missing; one of these is the case of Timothy Pitzen.

Jim Pitzen, Timothy’s father, and Amy’s husband filed a complaint against their missing wife and son after nearly 24 hours of trying to contact Amy. The complaint was filed against their son as well.

- Advertisement -

But what went wrong, and why didn’t Amy answer Jim’s calls when they were placed? The event has caused a lot of people to be worried and has prompted a lot of questions.

Find out what went down when Amy picked up her son from school and drove him to a location from which they were unable to return.

Who is Timmothy Pitzen?

Timothy was the only child that Jim Pitzen and Amy Joan Marie Fry-Pitzen ever had. He was born in Aurora on October 18th, 2004, and was an only child. They shared a home in the state of Illinois, which is one of the states that make up the United States of America.

Ohio man indicted after pretending to be missing 14-year-old Timmothy Pitzen - ABC News

What Happened to Amy and Timothy?

On the morning of May 11, 2011, Timothy’s father, Jim Pitzen, brought him to Greenman Elementary School in Aurora, Illinois, so that the young student could begin attending school there as a kindergarten student at the institution.

Jim remained standing there as he watched his active son race toward his kindergarten teacher while swinging his Spider-Man backpack around.

Amy, Timothy’s mother, arrived at the school approximately thirty minutes later and signed him out of school at 8:30 a.m. that morning, claiming to school employees that there was a family emergency and stating that she needed to take him home.

James Pitzen disclosed his conversation with his son about his love for him and his expectations for his behavior in an interview with the publication People Magazine. The following is what he said after that: “And then he was gone.”

When Mr. Pitzen went to pick up his son from school, later on, he was taken aback by the fact that he was unaware of his wife’s behavior and was surprised by it. Also surprising to him was the fact that Timothy had vanished without a trace.

After conducting some research, Pitzen discovered that his wife had been the one to indicate that Timothy was absent from class in the school logbook. He tried to get in touch with her numerous times, but she did not pick up any of his calls or respond to any of his messages. He eventually gave up trying to reach her.

James carried out an exhaustive investigation at their residence as well as at Amy’s place of employment. It was transferred to his voicemail because he attempted to call her but she did not answer the phone when he called her.

On the very next morning, May 12, 2011, Jim reported that his wife Amy and son Timothy were missing. They had been missing since the previous evening. The day before, they had been reported missing.

Amy and Timothy were reportedly seen for the last time leaving the school at approximately 8:30 in the morning, as shown by the surveillance footage.

A few hours later, before Amy Fry-Pitzen drove away with her son Timothy, she was probably at a nearby workshop getting her car fixed up before they left. This occurred before they left.

At ten o’clock in the morning, Amy dropped off her car at the repair shop where she had it serviced. A member of the store’s crew approached Fry-Pitzen and her son with the proposition of giving them a ride to the Brookfield Zoo.

They returned to the area later, at three o’clock in the afternoon, in order to retrieve their vehicle from there. After that, they proceeded to the KeyLime Cove Resort in Gurnee, where they remained hidden from Jim Petizen throughout the course of the night.

According to the sources, Amy and her son Timothy checked into their room at the Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin on May 12, 2011. The resort is located in the state of Wisconsin.

Both of them were captured on camera the following morning at ten o’clock by a surveillance camera while they were waiting in line at the checkout counter. Amy and Timothy, along with the SUV, have not been spotted or heard from since that time, and no one knows where they are.

Before They Went Missing

In spite of the fact that Amy did not pick up the phone when Jim called, she did, however, call her mother.

She reassured her mother that her brother and sister were safe and that they would return in a couple of days. She explained that all she required was a little bit of breathing room.

In addition to that, she called Jim’s brother at the number she had. According to True Crime Daily, she also reassured him that everything was going well before revealing to Jim’s brother that Timothy belonged solely to Jim and no one else.

Jim revealed this information to True Crime Daily, saying, “Timothy was following mom.” “Timothy was crawling around on the ground, playing with what appeared to be a tractor-trailer.” Timothy was in a good mood and did not appear to be experiencing any anxiety or other negative emotions.

Amy’s struggles with her mental health in the past caused a great deal of strain to be placed on her relationship with Jim, which was already under considerable duress.

Amy Fry-Pitzen and James Pitzen had a one-year long-distance affair after meeting at a party that they both attended through mutual friends. Fry-Pitzen struggled to overcome his feelings of depression.

Especially after the dissolution of her first marriage, Pitzen was confident that he could be of assistance to her by cultivating a positive connection and circumstance.

On the other hand, Fry-Pitzen made an attempt on his own life in 2003 by blacking out and falling off the edge of a cliff.

Before Fry-son Pitzen’s Timothy was born in 2004, she got married to Jim and became pregnant with their second child.

Pitzen asserts that his wife’s habit of traveling with friends and their financial situation were frequent sources of conflict between them.

Before taking their son to kindergarten, they got into an argument with each other. It had to do with Amy and her friends partying all night long without informing Jim, and it happened while Amy was with her friends.

On May 13, 2011, Timothy and his mother Amy were the last people to be seen together checking out of the Kalahari resort in Wisconsin.

The Disappearance of Timmothy Pitzen

Amy Fry-Pitzen was seen on surveillance footage that same evening shopping alone at a grocery store in Rockford, Illinois, at around 8 o’clock in the evening. Timothy could not be seen in any of the footage at any point.

Before Amy went back to the hotel, she was observed shopping at the supermarket, where she purchased a notebook, some envelopes, and a pen.

Then, at approximately 11:15 p.m., Amy checked into a motel in Rockford, Illinois called the Rockford Inn. Later that night, she committed suicide by overdosing on antihistamines and cutting her wrists and throat.

On May 14, 2011, at approximately 12:30 p.m., a hotelkeeper almost went into a panic when she discovered Amy’s body lying on the bed and saw a note. The only thing found on the knife that Fry-Pitzen used to kill herself was her own blood; Timothy was nowhere to be found.

Fry-Pitzen expressed her regrets for the mess that she had made of the note, and she indicated that Timmothy would never be found again, but that he was safe with people who would look after him.

She had expressed concern about their future together prior to both her death and Timothy’s disappearance.

Using forensic evidence taken from Amy’s vehicle, the police were able to determine where she was.

The police discovered Amy’s SUV close to the highway where it had been abandoned. The bag and toys belonging to Timothy were nowhere to be found, and according to the police, the “concerning amount” of blood that was found in her SUV belonged to Timothy.

Timothy suffered a nosebleed earlier in the month while he was riding, according to a family member who later stated that the ride was most likely the cause of the bloodstains. The case was still being considered.

In 2019, the story was brought back into the spotlight when a boy 14 years old who claimed to be Timmothy reappeared in the Cincinnati, Ohio, region. This time, he said he was Timothy.

The results of a DNA test eventually showed, according to the FBI, that the juvenile in question was not the child who had gone missing.

Rini, a man from Ohio, was found guilty by a federal judge in 2020 of making a false claim, and he was sentenced to serve two years in prison and one year on probation.

The Kalahari Resort in the Wisconsin Dells was the location where the two people were seen together for the last time.

On May 14, the body of a mother who was 43 years old was discovered in a motel room. According to the authorities, she killed herself.

Amy Fry-Pitzen made a stop at a Family Dollar store in Winnebago, Illinois, in the hours leading up to her passing, according to information obtained from the relevant authorities. While there, she bought a pen, some paper, and envelopes. The mother did not have her son with her when she checked into the Rockford Inn at 11:15 p.m., according to the authorities.

A note that had been forgotten in the hotel room stated that her son was safe in the care of another person, but it did not specify who that person was.

On May 14, an SUV model year 2004 Ford Expedition that belonged to Fry-Pitzen and was driven by her on the day she picked Timmothy up from school was discovered in a parking lot. The officers reported that the vehicle was “visibly dirty” and that there were weeds or tall grass growing underneath the body.

A “concerning amount of blood” was discovered by police evidence technicians in the backseat of Timmothy’s vehicle. However, Timmothy’s family members told the officers that the blood could be from a bloody nose that the boy had suffered from within the past year or so. Also, according to the police, the only blood that was found on the knife that Fry-Pitzen used to kill her was her own blood.

The information provided by Fry-cellphone Pitzen’s call on May 13 led police to the conclusion that the last place Timmothy and his mother were together was in the area surrounding the intersection of Interstates 88 and 39 in the city of Dixon, Rock Falls, and Sterling. According to the police, the call came in approximately 5 miles northwest of Sterling, Illinois, near Route 40.

I-Pass records were also reviewed by the police, which revealed that Fry-Pitzen made two trips to the Dixon/Rock Falls/Sterling area during the winter months, both of which her family members “cannot explain.” The first trip was on February 18, 2011, and the second was on March 20.

According to the police, Fry-cell Pitzen’s phone, I-Pass, and the clothing she was seen wearing on other surveillance videos, in addition to Timothy’s Spider-Man backpack and his toys from the SUV, remained missing years after the boy vanished.

Case Reopened

James Pitzen claims that he has a strong intuition that Timmothy is still alive. On the 25th of August, 2018, the case was discussed on the television show Live PD, which airs in the United States.

During the show, Angeline Hartmann, who works at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, appeared as a guest and provided viewers with an age progression photo of Timmothy, who is now 13 years old.

Timmothy Pitzen

Ten years later, Timmothy Pitzen’s whereabouts are still unknown, just as his mother had predicted, and the unsolved mystery continues to have an impact on Timmothy’s father each and every minute of every day.

- Advertisement -

- Advertisement -